Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Reading is my hobby

I have several blogs, and I continue to support them, but when I recently was asked what my hobbies were I struggled to come up with a list. Most people will rattle off lists that include hiking, biking, fishing, sports, and so on. However, I find I really don't enjoy any of these things. So on my internal quest to determine my own hobbies, I asked myself, "What do you do for fun?" The answer was very simple: I read.

Books have been my past time, friends, and escape for many years. I'm rarely found without a book, and I get the most excited when I discover a new series. There's a saying I see from time to time, "Those who read have lived 1000 lives," and I find this to be very accurate. I enjoy nothing more than dropping into an entirely new world, and experiencing a very different life than my own through reading.

So reading is my hobby. On this blog I wish to discuss the various books I read and encounter, so that I may share some of these experiences with you, and hopefully you'll feel inspired to pick up a book and let the magical theater of your mind explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment